We are all excited to hear that there is progress on a Covid vaccine and that this should improve the quality of life for all of us.We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- The vaccine is new so all the answers are not yet known – but as soon as we know more, we will tell you
- The Covid Vaccines are not yet licensed to be used on patients in the UK – but we are expecting them to be licensed very soon.
- It has not yet been decided which patients will get the vaccine first and where they will need to go to get it but we expect that those most clinically at risk of the virus will be prioritised.
- The expectation is that the vaccinations will not start for most people until 2021 and it will take some time to vaccinate everyone who is eligible
- Lots of doctors and nurses are volunteering to come back into the workforce to enable the vaccinations to be given over a quicker time span to patients
Meanwhile, we all need to keep to the advice of hand-washing, face masks and social distancing but we all look forward to the time when we will return to life as normal.
Thank you for your patience
Barcroft GP Partners